Wednesday, November 5, 2008

A New Era: Barack Obama on the path to the White House


Everyone, no matter who they voted for - or if they even voted at all - should feel at least partially at peace after the results of last night's election. An African-American is on his way to the White House for the the first time ever. Something that had been deemed impossible by many in the past.

This was my first election as a reporter and I am pleased that is has been such a historical one. I spent the day running around, interviewing local politicians and getting voters' opinions on the presidential election. Though my part is microscopic compared to others around the country, it still felt nice to be somewhat a part of it.

Obama's victory was a head-on tackle to racism. I hope Obama as president starts to blur the racial lines are society is divided by.

No comments: